So, we have stopped counting, but granted it is a long time since we have been in lockdown and moved our offices into our home.
It is here to stay into the foreseeable future. How do we make the most of it?
Working from home is taking its toll on many of us from a mental and physical perspective. We need to look for creative ways to change our scenery. I chatted to a few friends and colleagues who shared some quick wins which I am bringing to you.
All of us don’t have the space in our homes to create a complete office setup, but what we can do is get that office we always wanted. How you say?
What about the mental side? Here are some key points to engage your mental side to stay alert, strong and motivated.
- Focus on nutrition
- Improve your sleep by getting at least 7 hours of sleep
- Drink lots of water or herbal teas
- Stepping away from your workspace will give your body and eyes a well-deserved break. Listen to your body and take regular breaks.
- Step out into the sunshine for a few minutes to get your daily dose of good old vitamin D
- Work on your stress levels with some simple standing or seated stretches. There is so many tried and tested simple exercise regimes available on social media. If you do not like social media, ask a friend or colleague to share what is working for them.
- Have a virtual social session with friends, colleagues, or family members
- Share what is working for you and encourage those around you to do the same
- Post pictures and/or comments about a MasterChef meal you prepared or the vegetable patch you started in your garden or in a container. Container planting and planting micro-greens in trays is very trendy now. Well, go ahead and give it a try. Relieves stress and you will have some healthy additions to your salads and soups.
- After watching the movie Cocktail many years ago, I always wanted to try my hand at being a mixologist with healthy virgin cocktails. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out.